Diabetes Life Management Program
We offer an intensive Diabetes Life Management Program for newly diagnosed patients or those patients who have diabetes that is not well-managed. The program includes several components:
- Individualized care plan and follow-up developed with Diabetes RN Case Manger
- Comprehensive Diabetes Education following the American Association of Diabetes Educators 7 Self-Care Behaviors: Healthy Eating, Being Active, Self Monitoring, Taking Medication, Problem Solving, Reducing Risks, and Healthy Coping.
- Visit(s) with a Registered Dietitian
- A1c test every three months; microalbumin test annually
- Foot exam(s), annually or as appropriate
- Comprehensive Eye Exam, annually or as appropriate
- Flu vaccine
- Consultation visit with an endocrinologist and referral from primary care physician.
The program requires patients to have a primary care physician; TFC will assist you in establishing care if you do not have a primary care physician.
Patients should call Hannah Parks, diabetes case manager, at 697.8422 for more information.