AS A PATIENT, YOU CAN EXPECT:
- To receive treatment without regard to gender, race, religion, or country of origin.
- To be treated with respect at all times.
- To receive compassionate, courteous, quality healthcare services, as available, given the resources in this community.
- To have your right to privacy respected.
- To receive information about our programs, including hours of operation, types of services, and availability.
- To be informed about all eligibility requirements.
- To be informed of other community agencies where you might also receive help.
- To know why you may be found ineligible for services.
- To know why you may be turned away from receiving services even if you may be eligible.
AS A PATIENT, YOU CAN ALSO EXPECT:
Our services may be denied to you if:
- You do not provide required information or documentation.
- You are rude, argumentative or threatening, including using racial or ethnic slurs or profanity.
- You refuse to adequately supervise your children or to follow other safety rules.
- You repeatedly miss scheduled appointments or otherwise fail to take advantage of program opportunities.
- Specific resources are not available at the time that you request them.