The Free Clinics (TFC) respects the privacy of those who visit our website and/or support TFC with financial or in-kind contributions. The Free Clinics strongly believes that if electronic commerce and online activities are to flourish, consumers must be assured that information provided online is used responsibly and appropriately. To protect online privacy, The Free Clinics has implemented the following policy.
- Choice and Consent.We respect the purpose for which our donors give us information. We give donors the option to have mail and email sent to them from TFC or to opt out of these activities.
- Information Collection. The thefreeclinics.org web site collects personally identifiable information (such as name, title, company name, or e-mail address) that you voluntarily provide when you donate through our website or e-mail correspondence.We collect general information (such as the type of browser you use, the files you request, and the domain name and country from which you request information) to better meet your needs, improve our website, and help TFC achieve its mission to provide high-quality, affordable, whole-person healthcare in Henderson and Polk Counties.
- Use of Information.The information you supply when you donate is used by the TFC to respond to your inquiries, supply you with requested information, and further our activities. Authorized third parties may be utilized by thefreeclinics.org web site to collect, track, and process such information for the benefit of thefreeclinics.org web site.TFC utilizes secure transaction methods (SSL) when collecting credit card information over the internet. TFC does not disclose credit card account information provided by its donors.By law, TFC is required to file an annual non-profit organization tax return, IRS Form 990. Although the Form 990 is considered public information and may be found on-line, donor names are specifically excluded from the information available for public inspection.
- Third Party Use.We do not sell, rent, or loan our donor lists to third parties for marketing of any kind, mail or email.
- Un-subscriptions.We send our information only to those who request it (that is, opt-in). We immediately unsubscribe those who request it through convenient unsubscribe links in every e-mailing or by phone, email or mail request made directly to the organization.
- Security. We store donor and password files with personal information in a secure manner. We store such files in areas not accessible to web browsers, behind password protection and firewalls, or off-line.